Our October meeting took place on a very cold and grotty evening so a huge thanks to those that did venture out to join us!
Lia and Emma G welcomed the group and spoke about various events coming up, most notably St Albans Fashion Week which was taking place from 27th October – 2nd November. One evening of particular note was the Luxe Show at the Porsche Centre in Hatfield on 27th October, this was a 1930s themed night and they are looking for volunteers for the evening i.e. dressers, front of house etc. An email will be sent out with further info.
They also mentioned our Clothes Swap evening taking place on 26th November at Hertfordshire Craft Collective, we have had some flyers printed up and will be handing these out shortly. Our Belles were urged to bring along any donations for the evening of clothes, bags, shoes etc. to our next meeting in November if they are unable to attend the evening. Proceeds from the evening will be going to the Open Door charity and any clothes left over from the evening will be donated to charity.
Lia mentioned that we are in the process of organising our Christmas dinner, we will be looking at Bar Espresso again as it was great food and good value for money. The restaurant holds a maximum of 30 people so we would urge you to let us know as early as possible if you would like to come along. We are looking into dates and will keep you updated.
Faye mentioned some local upcoming events:
· Willows Farm are hosting a Pumpkin Festival and are offering a free pumpkin per child between 25th October – 2nd November
· The Verulamium Park Annual Fireworks Display will be held on 1st November
· Butterfly World will be hosting a Fireworks Display on 2nd November
· The St Albans Christmas Lights switch on will be held on 16th November
· An Ice Skating Rink will be opening in Watford from 22nd November – 4th January Daily from 11.00am – 9.00pm.
· The St Albans Literary Festival will be on from 6th – 9th November with various signings and events in the area
She also mentioned that the Performing Arts Committee will be holding a Music and Painting Evening on Tuesday 17th Feb 2015 at 7.30pm St Stephens Church Hall
There is a Photography Competition for the 2016 Calendar with the theme ‘Hertfordshire’s Places of Historic Interest’ entries close on 31st December 2014.
It was then down to business and Lia and Emma introduced the incredibly talented Linda and Mary to talk to us about the history of the Venetian Mask and to display their amazing creations.
They have been designing and creating these masks for some time now and have never duplicated any mask – some absolutely stunning masks!
Suitably inspired, it was over to our Gals to get out their glue-guns and get creating, and once again they did not disappoint.